do not be ashamed!!
do not be ashamed!!
I've read 2 entries and I place you right up there as a cross between Terry Pratchett (just reading Carpe Jugulum,lots of theology stuff in there) and Bill Bryson (I think it's the scathing wit).
Sorry to hear about your mum, my Auntie had Alzheimer's so I'm worried its in my genes too.
Of course, I have the advantage that I'm blond. If I do develop it, no one will ever know.
<font size="2" face="Comic sans ms, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not even touching this one. too easyOriginally posted by eris esoteric:
Of course, I have the advantage that I'm blond. If I do develop it, no one will ever know.
It's interesting to see why people keep journals. Different folk have different reasons. I didn't realize how insightful they could be into your own psyche until someone started questioning me in one of my entries.
<font size="2" face="Comic sans ms, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've read some theories that it's from drinking out of aluminum cans. Regardless of how it comes about, it's always a challenge to work with patients. Have you ever seen The Net with Sandra Bullock?Originally posted by Chaos Butterfly:
Sorry to hear about your mum, my Auntie had Alzheimer's so I'm worried its in my genes too.
No, but I remember having the same converstions with my auntie over and over again. She used to ring up every half hour from the rest home sometimes. I used to have to answer the phone to save my Dad from the stress.
My mom's aunt and her exboyfriend's father have Alzheimer's. Rich was kind of scary when he shot at the raccoons in the backyard. They needed to lock up his guns after that.
Before my mom's uncle died people thought he had Alzheimer's. The last time we visited him I was sitting out on the porch with Uncle Tony. We had completely comprehensible and non-repetitive conversation. I think people might've been mistaken if they thought he had it. He was just a quiet person and usually didn't talk much.
Some of the patients I worked around could be a little tiresome because sometimes they'd forget that they'd already eaten and want to eat some more. Accuse the nurses of starving them.
Most seemed quite content in their world. It never made me sad to be around them. It took a little patience dealing with some, just like a little kid requires a bit of patience and understanding.![]()
<font size="2" face="Comic sans ms, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]eek.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]Originally posted by JaceSan:
My mom's aunt and her exboyfriend's father have Alzheimer's. Rich was kind of scary when he shot at the raccoons in the backyard. They needed to lock up his guns after that.
Not being disrespectful to your relations or the seriousness of the disease, but that has got to be one of the funniest understatements I have ever read. From my point of view it sounds very, well...American. [img]wink.gif[/img]
Bookmarks